Orthopedic Surgeon - Minimally Invasive Surgery, Arthroscopic Surgery
Baltimore magazine top doc 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
Washingtonian magazine top doc 2016
« Back to Our Providers
Scott Silverstein, MD is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. He was honored to be named a 2008 / 2012 Top Doctor in General Orthopedics and Sports Medicine by Baltimore Magazine.
Dr. Silverstein specializes in:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery including complicated shoulder and knee procedures
His other areas of special interest include:
- Sports Medicine
- Complex tendon repairs
- General orthopedics
- Complex fracture care
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Hand surgery
- Joint replacement surgery and partial joint replacement surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery post operative pain management
- Northwest Hospital
- University of Maryland Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Institute (Kernan Hospital)
- St. Agnes Hospital
- Howard County General Hospital
Dr. Silverstein earned his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He completed his internship and orthopedic surgical residency at the West Virginia University Hospitals in Morgantown, where he served as Chief Resident. He was an Assistant Professor on the WVU faculty after graduating and served for a time as the Education Director.
He enjoys weight training and spending time with his wife and twins. He successfully climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in 2000 and his feet are still sore!
Dr. Silverstein is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.