CAO OACM COVID-19 CURRENT PROTOCOLS
On 6/15/2021 Governor Larry Hogan announced Emergency Mandates and Restrictions will end July 1, 2021; however, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have not yet changed COVID-19 protocol recommendations for health care settings.
What does this mean?
Until the CDC revises policies for health care settings, The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland Division will still require our patients to:
- Answer screening questions when scheduling an appointment
- Wear a face mask or face covering upon entering a CAO facility
- Answer screening questions upon entering a CAO facility
- Have their body temperature taken and, if 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, to leave and reschedule the visit
- Socially distance themselves from others as much as possible
- Not bring visitors unless the visitor is necessary for some aspect of patient care or familial support. If a visitor is permitted for this reason, then the visitor is screened and prepared in the same way as the patient, with the same requirements for screening questions, face covering, temperature taking, etc. Please note that bringing young children to an appointment should always be avoided regardless of these guidelines.
During any screening you may be asked: If you have any flu-like symptoms, such as coughing, fever, or difficulty breathing; if you or anyone that you have been in close contact with has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
What does this mean for our facility and staff?
- All employees are expected to complete an online health screener each morning before reporting to work
- All employees must always wear face masks or face coverings while in patient care areas, and infection control protocols, including the wearing of gloves when clinically indicated, must be followed; CDC recommendations for use and storage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be followed
- Medical clinic staff providing direct care for patients will wear appropriate PPE and will use these in accordance with infection control protocols
- Social distancing protocols will be followed
- All patient rooms, treatment areas and equipment, including gym equipment for Therapy facilities, will be disinfected between patients and prior to subsequent use
We also now offer Telehealth visits through Klara, a HIPAA-compliant messaging app built into our website. “Telehealth” is a video visit which allows our providers to evaluate, diagnose, and treat you using telecommunications technology, such as your phone, tablet, or computer. You will need access to an Internet connection and a device that has both a camera and microphone.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.
Thank you for choosing The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland for your care. We are honored to be your trusted healthcare provider.