Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
At Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland, our spine specialists provide pain medication injections, specialized pain procedures, and physical therapy for effective relief of neck and back pain.
Our spine specialists can perform a number of procedures for chronic neck and back pain. Pain management treatments for orthopaedic conditions are individualized, depending on the cause and extent of your pain. Together, you and your doctor will determine if you are a candidate for pain-relieving injections or other pain management techniques.
Interventional Spine Care
Interventional treatments we provide for neck pain and upper, middle, and low back pain include:
- Cervical epidural steroid injections for the neck
- Thoracic epidural steroid injections for the upper and mid back
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections for the low back
- Facet injections
- Nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Cervical radiofrequency neurotomy
- Thoracic radiofrequency neurotomy
- Lumbar radiofrequency neurotomy
- Spinal cord stimulation implant
EMG is a test that measures the electrical nerve impulses in muscles to identify poor nerve input or poor nerve functioning. NCV measures how well a nerve works and can help specify the site of a nerve injury.
EMG and NCV are often performed at the same time to help diagnose nerve compression or injury (such as carpal tunnel syndrome), nerve root injury (such as sciatica), or other nerve abnormalities associated with pain or numbness.
If you’re tired of living with chronic neck or back pain, call Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland today at
(410) 644-1880 or toll-free at (855) 4MD-BONE for an appointment with one of our spine specialists in Catonsville, Columbia, or Eldersburg, Maryland, or you can request an appointment online.