Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland serves the Montgomery County and Washington, D.C., areas with orthopaedic and physical therapy offices in Catonsville, Columbia, Eldersburg, and Fulton, as well as additional physical therapy facilities in Ellicott City and Jessup.
Join Our Team!
We hope you are interested in joining our staff of physicians and employees who are dedicated to making CAO the best orthopedic group in the nation.
To apply for any job listed below, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate what job you are applying for.
The position provides radiographic examinations on all age groups served by the practice. Ensures quality radiographs, follows radiation protection standards and participates in the departmental continuous quality improvement process. This position escorts the patient to x-ray room from the patient room. Explains the procedure to the patient, prepares, and positions the patient and x-ray equipment properly in order to obtain diagnostic quality images. This position requires cross training of durable medical equipment (DME) for both back-up coverage during clinics and Urgent Care coverage. This position requires a professional appearance, and professional communication skills. It also requires adaptability, dependability, flexibility and attention to detail and demonstrates the spirit of teamwork.
Job Specific Functions
1. Provides quality radiographs utilizing the selection of appropriate radiation exposure factors required for medical imaging.
2. Ensures proper marking of x-ray codes on billing form for all studies taken.
3. Copy imaging to CDs and print for patient records to film for surgical cases.
4. Upload outside CD images into PACS
5. Cross trained in DME, to include learning of all DME products. Training also includes bracing, splinting and casting.
6. Assists in maintain and stocking inventory of medical supplies and overall clinical inventory.
7. Wears protective equipment when appropriate
8. Works Urgent Care shifts as scheduled.
Preferred Position Qualifications
Education: Graduate of approved AMA Council of Education program in Radiologic Technology with an Associate’s degree
Licensure: General Radiologic Technologist State of Maryland Registration. ARRT in Radiologic Technology or registry eligible.
Experience: Minimum of 6-month experience preferred. Recent graduates may be considered.
Core Position Competencies
Job Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of digital imaging. Obtain images under the order of professional provider.
Technology: Knowledge of x-ray equipment, computers and PACs system.
Problem Solving: Demonstrates ability to assess and recommend solutions.
Communication Skills: Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Relationship Development: Establishes and maintains customer relationships, building trust and respect by meeting or exceeding expectations.
Interpersonal Skills: Able to work effectively with other employees, patients and customers.
Policies and Procedures: Displays working knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems. Demonstrates respect and support of policies.
1. Comprehensive Knowledge of X-ray equipment, computers and PACs system.
2. Medical Terminology
3. Understanding/following of regulations to maintain equipment and safety standards for employee and patient
4. Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
5. Exceptional patient services and maintain professional attitude
6. Maintain privacy of all patients
Physical Demand/Working Conditions
This position requires several physical abilities: Frequent walking patients to and from their rooms and other treatment areas. Standing frequently may stand up to 45-minute intervals. Periods of sitting while writing necessary documentation. The transferring of patients onto the x-ray table requires the ability to push/pull and move patients in wheelchairs, up to 250 pounds. Squatting/Kneeling is required to remove leg rest, apply/remove braces and move x-ray equipment. The ability to lift or carry items (plates 10lbs) on a daily basis, in addition of medical supplies.
X-ray Lead and Clinical Director