Dr. Scott Adams
Staying in the game: How to stay active and injury free
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Time: 7:00 PM
Being active and playing sports are good for you both physically and mentally, but there is an inherent risk of injury. Join Dr. Scott Adams, sports medicine specialist with The Orthopedic Center at Ascension Saint Agnes, and Caitlyn Slingluff, athletic trainer, as they discuss training tips that can help you prevent injuries.
Whether you have a kid who plays sports, you play in an adult rec league, or have a physically demanding job, proper conditioning can help you stay active and prevent injuries at any age and any level. Learn tips for off-season training and general wellness for athletes and active individuals across the board.
Join this seminar to learn about:
- What athletes should focus on for proper conditioning
- Learn steps to take to prepare your child or yourself for the upcoming sports season
- Building a good foundation with proper sleep and hydration habits
- Exercises to help you regain strength
- How to prevent common injuries, such as a torn ACL, achilles and rotator cuff injuries
- Tips for recovering from common injuries such as a sprained ankle or pulled muscle
To register, use the camera on your smartphone to scan the QR code below, and follow the link to the registration page. Can't make it on the 23rd? All registrants will receive a copy of the recording after the event.