Motivation is defined as an internal process that makes a person move towards a specific goal. Keeping fit has always been a matter of being constantly motivated to do so, and fitness trackers aid in that regard by constantly updating you on your progress and allowing you to set specific goals for yourself.
For the exercise fanatics, we are not talking about dedicated GPS running watches or other sport-specific wearables here; instead we’re focusing on activity trackers that provide data, designed to count every move you make. Therefore, fitness trackers not only track what you do in the gym, but also what you do in your everyday routine (walking upstairs, putting away the dishes, and even driving). They also track your sleeping patterns, your heart rate, and calorie consumption. with so many fitness trackers out there it can be difficult to decide what to spend your money on.
Allow us to help by giving you this run down of the five best fitness trackers out there today, so you can feel good about your purchase and reach your goals:
1. Fit Bit: There are many different types of FitBit’s to choose from. Whether you want to use heart rate to take your fitness to the next level or just want to see how your steps add up each day, there’s a Fitbit tracker for every goal.
2. Garmin Vivosmart HR: It is all about comfort and style. The Garmin Vivosmart has an easy to read display and you can customize the settings. It also monitors heart rate continuously, keeping a record of both resting pulse and workout intensity; many rivals do one or the other but not both.
3. Microsoft Band 2: This tracker tracks many different things including altitude, how many stairs you climbed, skin temperature, heart rate. It is as good for the gym, running, cycling, golf and other sports as it is for counting steps and tracking sleep. Not to mention, it has a battery life which lasts for up to two days.
4. Jawbone U3: This fitness tracker has multiple sensors that track your progress and sleep. This tracker also has an impressive battery life that lasts up to about a week. It also connects via Bluetooth.
5. Withings Go: This tracker is affordable that doesn’t skimp on novelty. It sets you free from having to use your phone, with an eight-month battery life. While there are other models that accomplish a lot more, this versatile wearable offers a surprising amount for a rather small cost. With the Withings Go tracker, simplicity is key.
If you want more information on how to stay motivated and find the right fitness tracker for you, call Orthopaedics Associates of Central Maryland at (410) 644-1880 today to request an appointment.