Same Personalized Care, Greater Access to Advanced Orthopaedic Services
In 2013, 25 independent orthopaedic practices in Maryland and surrounding states joined together to create the largest group of orthopaedic surgeons in this region. With the growing pressure for practices like OACM to join up with large institutions and hospital systems, the development of the Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics allowed for the continuation of the private-practice model to best serve our patients and continue the personalized service that is OACM’s standard of care.
Nicholas Grosso, M.D., OACM orthopaedic surgeon, serves as president of the Centers and explains that this group of orthopaedic practices now provides patients with the best of both worlds: the resources of a large organization with the intimacy of a private practice. “OACM patients will not be affected by any changes in service or care. Only the business side of the practice will change, and for the better, including increased bargaining power with insurance companies, which ultimately benefits patients. Our patients will have access to the largest network of orthopaedic specialists in the Baltimore/Washington DC region and a continuum of care that can only be found in this type of private-practice setting.”
What are the Benefits to Patients?
OACM patients will have access to the same high level of personalized care from the wide network of OACM orthopaedic surgeons and providers. For OACM, being a member of the Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics also provides added benefits to our patients including:
- As the largest private orthopaedic network in the Virginia-D.C.-Maryland area, our patients benefit from a broad range of insurance options. OACM continues to accept most major insurance plans as before. (Please check with your doctor’s office to make sure your insurance plan is accepted.)
- Access to the largest network of orthopaedic specialists in more than 25 locations throughout the Maryland-DC-Virginia region, making care convenient to where you live and work
- Access to the most advanced technology and surgical innovations in orthopaedic surgery
- Access to all orthopaedic specialties from total joint replacement surgery and traditional orthopaedic medicine to sports orthopaedic medicine and physical therapy, and more
- A network of physicians that can share information, research, knowledge and advances in orthopaedic surgery and techniques to benefit patient care more than ever before
Our patients continue to receive the same superior care from OACM, now with the added advantage of being a part of the region’s largest, most advanced network of orthopaedic practices. Learn more about The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics at www.cfaortho.com. For more information on Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland, visit our newly redesigned website at www.mdbonedocs.com.
To help our patients feel better as quickly as possible, using the best and most up to date therapies and practices.