When a physical condition or injury affects mobility or quality of life, there is one goal: a rapid return to everyday activities. The FDA, based upon the evidence of proven success of extensive and credible studies conducted in our country’s finest institutions, including Harvard University, has approved the use of MLS Laser Therapy.
Cleared by the FDA in 2009, MLS Laser Therapy is a noninvasive, safe and effective, and a convenient treatment for old and new injuries. Chronic arthritis pain, back pain, neck pain, bursitis, hip or knee pain, plantar fasciitis, sciatica, toe nail fungus, tendonitis, shoulder pain, post-surgical pain, neuropathy and fibromyalgia are just a few of the conditions that can be treated.
How does the treatment work?
Light energy enters damaged cells and stimulates intercellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
Light energy will:
- Stimulate cells to remove toxins
- Allow oxygen and food loads into the cell
- Block pain signals in the brain and release endorphin’s and encephalin (natural pain killer)
- Increase the production and cell growth bringing blood flow into the area, accelerating the healing process.
- Jump starts the body’s own healing process by stimulating the mitochondria in the cells.
Treatment Session Time
A single treatment takes less than 15 minutes and is completely painless and comfortable. Treatment times may vary for different areas, and the severity of the issue.
Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland is excited to announce the opening of the Laser Therapy in our Columbia Location. To learn more about this procedure call Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland at (410) 644-1880 to request an appointment.